June 11, 2014

Go ask Alice..... I think she'll know.......

I think a lot of people/artists are obsessed with Alice. What do you think? I was in an Alice tag swap some years ago, but I find her making frequent appearances just like Marie Antoinette. Imagine the tea party they would have together. I have two wonderful stamp sets from Alpha Stamps, (Alice Tea Party & Alice's Adventures) that I thought would be great for a personal project. I did some more stamping on ribbon and added lots of yummy, rich details. For a complete supply list, scroll to the bottom of this blog post.

This was an old, square bottle I have had for some time now. It became the perfect "canvas" to create on.


Yes, that is an old flashbulb for a bottle topper and after wrapping it with some trims and beaded wire, it looks  like it came with the bottle.



The bottle had lots of raised images so I took some plain paper, a good ole pencil, and scribbled to get a pattern of the design. Then I was able to make a stencil and trim my paper to fit each area of the bottle, making it look as if it came that way from long ago. 




This was a fun and easy project to make and I especially like how the light shines through the bottle, bottle top and the beads. Another successful project where all of the pieces fell into place. I love it when that happens. Thanks for stopping by! 

XOXO

Supplies Used:
 
Glass Window Beads - Large Aqua
Glass Window Beads - Small Aqua

2 comments:

sheilaAR said...

oh my word! this is so cool Rhonda!! Usually I don't go in for altering bottles but this is amazing! And yes, I am one of those Alice nuts too... Tell me, what did u use to color the stamped images, markers of some sort like Copics? Love the bulb, clever girl!! xo

Deb said...

Beautiful altered bottle, love the Alice theme!